All Redemptorists, as well as their co‐workers and volunteers, value and encourage the participation of children and young people in their pastoral ministry and in activities that enhance their spiritual, physical, emotional and social development. They recognise the dignity and rights of all children and are committed to their support and safeguarding.
Redemptorists undertake to do all in their power to create a safe environment for children and young people and to ensure their protection from neglect and from physical, sexual and emotional abuse.
The Redemptorists are committed to:
- Best practice in ensuring the safeguarding of children and young people, protecting their rights and promoting their welfare.
- Minimising risks in order to safeguard the interests of children and young people.
- Ensuring that all Redemptorists, and their paid employees and volunteers, are carefully recruited, selected, trained, supported and supervised.
- Ensuring that all Redemptorists, their paid employees and volunteers are aware of, trained in and work to the Code of Behaviour (download).
- Supporting all victims of abuse.
- Working closely with statutory authorities to ensure that all allegations of abuse are dealt with justly and promptly.
St Joseph’s Safeguarding Committee
The St Joseph’s Safeguarding Committee meets regularly throughout the year to monitor and review the implementation of policies and procedures, in line with best practice. It is chaired by Tom Mulpeter who is also our weekday Church sacristan. The members of the Committee are:
Tom Mulpeter (Chairperson)
Reporting a Concern
If you have any concerns about the welfare of children or young people, please contact our Local Representatives or our Designated Officer:
St Joseph’s Safeguarding Representatives
Tom Mulpeter (for the Redemptorist community)
Mary Watters (for the Archdiocese of Armagh)
Provincial Designated Officer
Mr Phil Mortell
Garda Intervention Line: 01-8387122
HSE Childcare Manager: 042-9332287
This Policy for safeguarding the welfare of children aims to ensure a safe environment, where risks are minimised, where those affected by abuse are supported, where offenders are brought to account and where all allegations are dealt with justly and promptly. Download it here: